Application & Admission
Eligible for participation are:
- German university alumni from developing countries (DAC country nationals) who have stayed in Germany for at least three months for study or research purposes and are:
- Residents of DAC-countries and are:
- Working in the field of organic developing, marketing, certification or similar disciplines and are:
- Multipliers, e.g. people who are in a position to spread the acquired knowledge and experience.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
Are you interested? Then send your application latest by 29th of November 2015 via email to:.
The application (in English language) must include the following documents in one single pdf file:
- A letter of application, stating your motivation for participation and your special interest in the topic
- A short CV with personal data: Therefore download the Application Form
- An abstract on „Organic agri-value chains” with reference to the participants' home country and self involvement in the field of organic agriculture (the main topics are listed above; abstracts must not exceed one page; please use font type “Arial”, font size 11, 1.5 line spacing)
- A short description of your present duties/position and your personal professional goals, indicating your envisaged field of activities and duty level
- An overview on seminars, workshops or conferences visited in Germany after finishing your studies in Germany
- A passport size portrait photograph
The PDF-document has to be named ‘Last name_First name_country’ (e.g. Boehm_Franziska_Germany).
Please note: Completeness of personal data mentioned in the online application form will affect your eligibility as a participant.
The seminar will be held in English, hence English proficiency is essential to follow the presentations and participate in the discussions. It is necessary to participate in the whole program (seminar, trade fair visit and social program).
The program for the visit to the organic trade fair BIOFACH 2016 is prepared by the DAAD.
All applicants will be informed about the results of the selection process latest by mid of Dezember 2015.
Travel datesThe date of arrival in Germany will be February 2nd, 2016 (arrival at Frankfurt International Airport, FRA).
The date of departure from Germany will be February 13th, 2016 (departure from Frankfurt).
For any further questions please contact the organization team
Mrs. Franziska Böhm and Mrs. Anne Siegmeier
Steinstrasse 19, 37213 Witzenhausen, Germany
Fax: +49 (0) 5542 607 39
With your application you agree that your data (name, organization, email) is given to selected company representatives and that you might appear on pictures which will be published on the DAAD website after the event. With your application you commit yourself to participate in the whole program (winter school, conference visit and social program).