Application & Admission
– The time for applications ended November 15, 2014. –Eligible for participation are:
- German university alumni from developing countries (DAC country nationals) who have stayed in Germany for at least three months for study or research purposes, and are
- Residents of DAC-countries, and are
- Working in the field of agricultural engineering and technology or similar disciplines, and are
- Multipliers, e.g. people who are in a position to spread the acquired knowledge and experience.
- Women are encouraged to apply!
The application (in English language) must include the following documents in one single pdf file:
- A letter of application, stating your motivation for participation and your special interest in the topic,
- A short CV with personal data (please add list: Surname, First Name, Organization (in English), Department or Company (in English), City, Country; Phone; E-Mail (one address only); student (yes or no); information on studies at home and in Germany and professional development),
- An overview stating your previous stages in Germany (reason and duration), proof of stay in Germany for scientific research purposes, study or work for at least 3 months,
- A passport size portrait photograph,
- A short description of your present duties/position and your personal professional goals, indicating your envisaged field of activities and duty level,
- An overview on seminars, workshops or conferences visited in Germany after finishing your studies in Germany, including those funded by DAAD,
- An abstract on organic agri-value chains with reference to your home country and/or about your own research work in the field of organic agriculture (the main topics are listed above; abstracts must not exceed one page; please use font type “Arial”, font size 11, 1.5 line spacing)
The winter school will be held in English, hence English proficiency is essential to follow the presentations and participate in the discussions.
The program for the visit to the "BioFach" is prepared and separately financed by the DAAD.
Travel datesThe date of arrival in Germany will be February 2nd 2015 (arrival at Frankfurt International Airport, FRA).
The date of departure from Germany will be February 14th 2015 (departure from Frankfurt)
For any further questions please contact the organization team
Mrs. Vera Sternitzke
Steinstrasse 19, 37213 Witzenhausen, Germany
Fax: +49 (0) 5542 607 39
With your application you agree that your data (name, organization, email) is given to selected company representatives and that you might appear on pictures which will be published on the DAAD website after the event. With your application you commit yourself to participate in the whole program (winter school, conference visit and social program).