The Summer school targets German university alumni from developing countries (DAC country nationals) who are professionally involved in the agricultural sector and/or with agricultural technology in the framework of rural or urban, public or private sector development, and/or who are working for academic, educational or development organizations. Participants should be multipliers in a position to spread the acquired knowledge and experience and/or take decisions on implementation.
The Summer school will promote exchange between the participants in the field of agricultural engineering, facilitate international scientific cooperation and qualify the participants in the field of agricultural technology development and equipment. The Summer school will foster exchange of experiences, establishment of international networks between the participants, scientific discourse on technology development and design of equipment, and international academic cooperation in this field. It will stimulate and promote ideas for joint research, technology development and knowledge transfer.
The main topics covered during the Summer school are:
- Agricultural technology and engineering adapted to local conditions in the participants' home countries
- Workshops and seminars on topics such as harvest and post-harvest technology
- Technological aspects of quality management along agricultural value chains
- Precision farming and electronics in Agriculture
- Efficient water usage and irrigation technology
- Renewable energy and biogas plants
- Scientific working in agricultural engineering
The Program in Witzenhausen
The program will include:
- Papers and case studies presented by the participants (alumni) and invited experts
- Group work and group discussions
- Lectures, seminars and practical workshops
- Excursions to the extension farm Frankenhausen and the Bio Energy Village Juehnde,
- Demonstrations and field trials at the Department of Agricultural Engineering at Witzenhausen
Following costs will be covered from DAAD funds:
All other costs, such as transport costs from participants’ home town to their home airport or travel costs for visa application in the home country have to be borne by the participants.
- International return ticket (to Frankfurt and from Hanover/Frankfurt),
- transport from Frankfurt airport to Witzenhausen (by train),
- transport from Witzenhausen to the hotel in Göttingen, for the visit of the “Agritechnica2013” in Hanover (by bus),
- transport from the Hotel in Göttingen to Hanover/Frankfurt airport,
- entrance fees and transport to the visited projects during the excursions,
- accommodation and living expenses during the stay in Witzenhausen and Göttingen/Hanover,
- travel health insurance and visa costs for the stay in Germany.
Eligible for participation are:
- German university alumni from developing countries (DAC country nationals) who have stayed in Germany for at least three months for study or research purposes,
- Residents of DAC-countries,
- Working in the field of agricultural engineering and technology or similar disciplines,
- Multipliers, e.g. people who are in a position to spread the acquired knowledge and experience.
- Women are encouraged to apply!
Are you interested? Then send your application latest by 15th of July 2013 via email to:
. The application (in English language) must include the following documents in one single pdf file:
- A letter of application, stating your motivation for participation and your special interest in the topic,
- A short CV with personal data (please add list: Surname, First Name, Organization (in English), Department (in English), City, Country, Phone: E-Mail (one address only): student (yes or no), information on studies at home and in Germany and professional development),
- An overview stating your previous stages in Germany (reason and duration), proof of stay in Germany for scientific research purposes, study or work for at least 3 months,
- A passport size portrait photograph,
- A short description of your present duties/position and your personal professional goals, indicating your envisaged field of activities and duty level,
- An overview on seminars, workshops or conferences visited in Germany after finishing your studies in Germany, including those funded by DAAD,
- An abstract on „agricultural technology development or mechanization with reference to the participants' home country and self involvement in the field of agricultural engineering” (the main topics are listed above; abstracts must not exceed one page; please use font type “Arial”, font size 11, 1.5 line spacing).
The Summer school will be held in English, hence English proficiency is essential to follow the presentations and participate in the discussions.
The program for the visit to the "Agritechnica 2013" is prepared and separately financed by the DAAD.
The date of arrival in Germany will be November 3rd
2013 (arrival at Frankfurt International Airport, FRA). The date of departure from Germany will be November 15th
2013 (departure from Hanover/Frankfurt)
For any further questions please contact the organization team
Mr. Markus Frank
Steinstrasse 19, 37213 Witzenhausen, Germany
Fax: +49 (0) 5542 607 39
With your application you agree that your data (name, organization, email) is given to selected company representatives and that you might appear on pictures which will be published on the DAAD website after the event. With your application you commit yourself to participate in the whole program (summer school, conference visit and social program).